Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:04:54 +0000*** empty log message ***
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:04:54 +0000] rev 770
*** empty log message ***

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:49:27 +0000Updated copyright information for 2004 (Happy New Year!)
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:49:27 +0000] rev 769
Updated copyright information for 2004 (Happy New Year!)

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:20:28 +0000Max has been reworking this code so it works on MacOS X 10.1
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 16:20:28 +0000] rev 768
Max has been reworking this code so it works on MacOS X 10.1

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:57:16 +0000Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:59:24 -0800
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:57:16 +0000] rev 767
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:59:24 -0800
From: Pete Shinners
Subject: [SDL] directfb cursor patch

here is a quick and dirty patch that allows directfb to change the
visibility of the cursor. this display backend still has no way to change
the actual cursor shape, but being able to set the cursor visibility is a
simple change that should offer some benefits.

the code was largely based on the cursor code for other sdl backends. and
this documentation.
http://directfb.org/documentation/DirectFB_Reference/IDirectFBDisplayLayer_SetCursorOpacity.html

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:48:44 +0000Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:52:02 +0800
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:48:44 +0000] rev 766
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 01:52:02 +0800
From: "Andy Pfiffer"
Subject: [SDL] patch: PocketPC 2000 diffs for release_1_2_6

I was making a backup of my current workspace of SDL for PocketPC,
and thought I would send out my diffs.

Apologies in advance if the patch has become whitespace mangled.

These diffs are relative to CVS tag release_1_2_6, and contain (I think)
all changes that have been mentioned on the mailing list in the last
few months.

I only have PocketPC 2000 & an ARM-based device (iPaq 3635), and I
only use Embedded Visual Tools 3.0, so I can't say for sure if it
breaks other PocketPC 200[023] builds.

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:40:50 +0000Editors Note: The original patch was modified to use SDL_Delay() instead of
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:40:50 +0000] rev 765
Editors Note: The original patch was modified to use SDL_Delay() instead of
nanosleep because nanosleep may not be portable to all systems
using SDL with the ALSA backend. This may be a moot point with
the switch to blocking writes anyway...

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:47:36 +0100
From: Michel Daenzer
To: Debian Bug Tracking System
Subject: [SDL] Bug#225252: [PATCH] ALSA fixes

Package: libsdl1.2debian-all
Version: 1.2.6-2
Severity: normal
Tags: patch

For SDL 1.2.6, the ALSA backend was changed to call snd_pcm_open() with
SND_PCM_NONBLOCK. That's a good idea per se, however, it causes high CPU
usage, interrupted sound and stuttering in some games here. Taking a nanosleep
whenever snd_pcm_writei() returns -EAGAIN fixes this, but I think it's more
efficient to use blocking mode for the actual sound playback. Feedback from the
SDL and ALSA lists appreciated.

The patch also fixes the default ALSA device to be used.

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:18:08 +0000Added function to create RWops from const memory: SDL_RWFromConstMem()
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:18:08 +0000] rev 764
Added function to create RWops from const memory: SDL_RWFromConstMem()

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:11:35 +0000Updated for new APIs
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:11:35 +0000] rev 763
Updated for new APIs

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:56:35 +0000*** empty log message ***
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:56:35 +0000] rev 762
*** empty log message ***

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:55:35 +0000Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:55:30 +0100
Sam Lantinga [Sun, 04 Jan 2004 14:55:35 +0000] rev 761
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:55:30 +0100
From: Max Horn
Subject: SDL: video/quartz cleanup

while doing some experimental changes in the quartz code, I was annoyed
by having to recompile that one big .o file over and over again. So I
decided to finally realize one TODO: properly splitting the code over
multiple files :-).

With two exceptions, I didn't make code changes, only rearranged files
and added new headers. Since there are several new files, making a
patch didn't work out so well, so I decided to just send you all the
new & modified files.

The one source change I made is related to showing/hiding the mouse. I
renamed cursor_visible to cursor_should_be_visible and cursor_hidden to
cursor_visible; I think that makes reading the code easier.
Then I added two new functions: QZ_ShowMouse and QZ_HideMouse. They
help manage cursor_visible (the former 'cursor_hidden'). Finally I
replaced the Carbon ShowCursor/HiderCuror calls by [NSCursor hide] and
[NSCursor unhide]. The API docs are not conclusive, but it might be
that with those the "cursor_visible" (former 'cursor_hidden') hack may
not be necessary anymore; however so far I didn't test this hypothesis,
so I left that in.

The other change was to remove in_foreground and use [NSApp isActive]
instead: Manually keeping track of whether we are in the foreground is
error prone. This should work better in some corner cases.