Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:45:04 -0500fix SDL_PRIs64 on windows compilers.. (should end in d)
Edward Rudd <urkle@outoforder.cc> [Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:45:04 -0500] rev 9261
fix SDL_PRIs64 on windows compilers.. (should end in d)

Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:23:17 -0500switch to use SDL_PRI* macros for long long formatting everywhere.
Edward Rudd <urkle@outoforder.cc> [Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:23:17 -0500] rev 9260
switch to use SDL_PRI* macros for long long formatting everywhere.

Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:04:07 -0500fix incorrect struct member name in test code for wheel direction
Edward Rudd <urkle@outoforder.cc> [Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:04:07 -0500] rev 9259
fix incorrect struct member name in test code for wheel direction

Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:10:55 -0500update logging of events in test core
Edward Rudd <urkle@outoforder.cc> [Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:10:55 -0500] rev 9258
update logging of events in test core

- log unknown as HEX instead of int (makes it easier to identify)
- add dollar gesture and multi gesture events
- add scroll reverse for mouse wheel

Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:09:54 -0500add in support for passing down the "natural" (or flipped) scrolling direction in the MouseWheelEvent event
Edward Rudd <urkle@outoforder.cc> [Sun, 23 Nov 2014 21:09:54 -0500] rev 9257
add in support for passing down the "natural" (or flipped) scrolling direction in the MouseWheelEvent event

Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:55:23 -0500WinRT: fixed bug whereby SDL would override an app's default orientation
David Ludwig <dludwig@pobox.com> [Wed, 03 Dec 2014 10:55:23 -0500] rev 9256
WinRT: fixed bug whereby SDL would override an app's default orientation

WinRT apps can set a default, preferred orientation via a .appxmanifest file.
SDL was overriding this on app startup, and making the app use all possible
orientations (landscape and portrait).

Thanks to Eric Wing for the heads up on this!

Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:18:50 -0500WinRT: removed SDL_HINT_WINRT_PREF_PATH_ROOT (introduced post-2.0.3 & pre-2.0.4)
David Ludwig <dludwig@pobox.com> [Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:18:50 -0500] rev 9255
WinRT: removed SDL_HINT_WINRT_PREF_PATH_ROOT (introduced post-2.0.3 & pre-2.0.4)

A WinRT app's Roaming folder-path can still be retrieved via calls to
SDL_WinRTGetFSPathUTF8() or SDL_WinRTGetFSPathUNICODE(), if need be.

Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:55:27 -0800Fix assert format strings/parameters in testautomation modules; improve output of SDL_CompareSurfaces to aid debugging; update platform_testSetErrorInvalidInput for SDL changes
Andreas Schiffler <aschiffler@ferzkopp.net> [Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:55:27 -0800] rev 9254
Fix assert format strings/parameters in testautomation modules; improve output of SDL_CompareSurfaces to aid debugging; update platform_testSetErrorInvalidInput for SDL changes

Sun, 30 Nov 2014 22:17:12 +0100Removed generated doxygen output of visual test suite.
Philipp Wiesemann <philipp.wiesemann@arcor.de> [Sun, 30 Nov 2014 22:17:12 +0100] rev 9253
Removed generated doxygen output of visual test suite.

The files may be generated again by running doxygen locally (like SDL's docs).

Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:41:18 -0800Fixed bug 2795 - SDL library detection selects the wrong lib
Sam Lantinga <slouken@libsdl.org> [Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:41:18 -0800] rev 9252
Fixed bug 2795 - SDL library detection selects the wrong lib

Chris Beck

When creating a homebrew recipe for wesnoth, I discovered that the SDL image configuration routine does not detect libpng properly -- if you have multiple instances of libpng on your system, and you use environment variables to select an instance which is not in your system directory, the build can be broken, because it will run configuration tests against the system installed version, but deduce that it should use the filename of the system-installed version. In a vanilla build of wesnoth using homebrew, this results in segfaults at runtime, because you end up linking against two different versions of libpng, which is also needed independently of SDL.

The problem is essentially in the "find_lib" routine in the configure file:



find_lib()
{
gcc_bin_path=[`$CC -print-search-dirs 2>/dev/null | fgrep programs: | sed 's/[^=]*=\(.*\)/\1/' | sed 's/:/ /g'`]
gcc_lib_path=[`$CC -print-search-dirs 2>/dev/null | fgrep libraries: | sed 's/[^=]*=\(.*\)/\1/' | sed 's/:/ /g'`]
env_lib_path=[`echo $LIBS $LDFLAGS | sed 's/-L[ ]*//g'`]
for path in $gcc_bin_path $gcc_lib_path $env_lib_path /usr/lib /usr/local/lib; do
lib=[`ls -- $path/$1 2>/dev/null | sort -r | sed 's/.*\/\(.*\)/\1/; q'`]
if test x$lib != x; then
echo $lib
return
fi
done
}



Because the for loop goes over the system directories before the environment directories, any system-installed lib will shadow the lib selected via environment variables. This is contrary to the behavior of the configuration tests earlier in the script, which prefers the environment variable libs over the system-installed libs. The 'for' loop should instead be:



for path in $env_lib_path $gcc_bin_path $gcc_lib_path /usr/lib /usr/local/lib; do



You can see the full discussion on the Homebrew / linuxbrew issue tracker here: https://github.com/Homebrew/linuxbrew/issues/172

I have checked that this bug also affects SDL 1.2.15, SDL_mixer and SDL_ttf 1.2, which all use this same "find_lib" routine. I have not determined if the bug affects SDL 2.0, which seems not to use this exact routine.